cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying several charts on a single page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to display several charts on a single report page ?

I have a report that is displaying each bar chart based on machine number on a separate page and I want to display 4 charts per page.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Are you trying to display them in a 2x2 grid?

Are the charts placed on a Group section (hence only printing when the group prints) or are they all placed on individual Report Header/Footer sections?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I am trying to place them on a 2X2 grid .

They are all placed on individual header and footer sections which are suppressed.

Thanks,

John

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about you create two footers and place the first two charts on section a beside each other and then the other two charts in section b, again beside each other?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

I tired that with the footer and it generates the same graph and seems to summarizing all the data into one bar.

What I need is to be able to view the charts for 4 different machines on the same page.

John

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a screenshot of what you're trying to do please?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I am trying to display for 4 different machines per page .

In this example it only displays for machine 6

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And where does the chart pick up this machine info from? I'm guessing right now it isn't.

Is there a database field that identifies the row to be for a specific machine?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its picking the machine data from the tables used for the detail data in the report.

This is an existing report and I used the insert chart function to create the chart.

Its working fine when you scroll page by page, but they want 4 charts per page and this is where the problem arises.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this chart on the Group header/Group Footer right now?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Group header

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way to separate the charts based on their machine info is by inserting charts against four separate crosstabs.

Here's how:

1) Create a formula with this code below:

if {Machine#} = 1 then

{Machine#}

else

''

2) Create another formula for the Summary field with the code below:

if {Machine#} = 1 then

{field_to_summarize}

else

3) Insert a Crosstab on the Report Header or Report Footer. Add formula 1 as the Row 1,  Reason Code and Row 2 and formula 2 as the summarized field

4) Next, right click the Row field on the Crosstab > Select Row Options > Suppress Empty Rows.

5) Right-click this crosstab and select Insert Chart.

Repeat Steps 1 through 5 for each of the other machine numbers. You'd only need to change formula 1 and 2 by changing the machine numbers.

You can then place the charts in a 2x2 grid as I suggested in the first response.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

In step 2  for the code

if {Machine#} = 1 then

{field_to_summarize}

else

Which field should I insert in {field_to_summarize} ?

The report is summarized by machine number and then downtime code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash , Just to let you know I managed to get the chart display on the same header using chart options on the header and using the group option to display more than 1 chart per page .

I have another problem now and its driving me nuts.

I am trying to insert a date parameter in the record selection using formula as shown in the attachment and get the message " A string is required here"

This is working in another report using the same date field .

Any idea where I am going wrong

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash , Just to let you know I managed to get the chart display on the same header using chart options on the header and using the group option to display more than 1 chart per page .

I have another problem now and its driving me nuts.

I am trying to insert a date parameter in the record selection using formula as shown in the attachment and get the message " A string is required here"

This is working in another report using the same date field .

Any idea where I am going wrong

Thanks

John

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please post this as a new discussion, John?

-Abhilash

Answers (0)