cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying results of Search iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Search iView. However, when I click on the Search button, I would like the results to be displayed in a new window. Would that be possible? Also, I have a "Show Options" link next to the Search button which should also be displayed only in the new window. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks for all your valuable time and help.

Sincerely,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

D021954
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I agree that this caching behaviour is unpredictable.

Sometimes it refreshs on choosing 'Preview' in the iView editor, but sometimes it's necessary to restart the portal.

Sorry, that I don't have any better advise.

Regards Matthias Röbig-Landau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricio,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,

Sri

P.S. I have awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Sorry, by mistake I typed Patricio. I apologise for the error.

Sincerely,

Sri

D021954
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Never mind.

Thanks and warm regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Which one of Matthias' recommended solutions to the caching problem worked for you? Hitting the preview button or restarting the portal?

I have tried working with this search iview from the tools area, where a restart couldnt even remove the apparent caching. That's why Id like to know what worked for you - what made your "advanced" link come back?

Kind regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I did'nt have to re-start the portal. Just hitting on Preview worked. Also, these are my iView settings: The parameter "Enable KM Search Advanced" is set to True, "Show 'Open in New Window' Option" is set to True, "Show 'Details' Option" is set to True

and as Matthias advised me, in "KM Search Parameters" and "KM Search Advanced Parameters", I have "SearchPluginName=<my_search_options_set>" and "SearchCompsName=<my_search_components_set>" and also, I have "Advanced=true" for "KM Search Advanced Parameters". I agree it's a bit strange because initially it did not seem to work but after a while, I got the "Advanced Search" link back. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Well, it makes me aware of the fact that you shouldn't expect this iview to work/behave as it was intended. Its not like a solution but still great knowledge, so thanks

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

D021954
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

You may use a copy the ToolAreaiView for your purpose. This iView is using the default Search Option Set and Search Components Set.

It's the one that is used in the portal toolarea.

In order to use a different setting (but keeping the default as it is) you can configure:

&SearchPluginName=

within the URL parameters

'KM Search Parameters' and 'KM Search Advanced Parameters'.

An 'Advanced Search' link is also available here.

Regards Matthias Röbig-Landau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot for the information. Now when I do a Search, the results open in a new window. Also, is there a way by which I can get rid of the "Advanced Search" link next to the Search button? I did set <b>Advanced=false</b> in the <b>KM Search Advanced Parameters</b> and also for the <b>Enable KM Search Advanced</b> option, I selected <b>No</b>. Still not sure why "Advanced Search" shows up. Can you please help me? Thanks again for your valuable time and effort.

Sincerely,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

There was another option called "Show 'Details' Option'. I set it to 'No' and the "Advanced Search" link went away. But then, when I set it back to 'Yes', I still could not see the 'Advanced Search' link again. Is there anything else which dictates whether the 'Advanced Search' link is displayed or not? Even for the 'Cache Validity Period' I had all the values set to '0'. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks again for all your help.

Sincerely,

Sri