Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Middle Text and Key by default when we execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are in BW 3.5,

My client wants to Display the key and middle text, by default when we execute the Bex query, as of my knowledge only we are able to display Short text and Key but not Middle and Key , but after executing the query we are able to set that but we need by default,

any ideas plz, for that purpose do we need to install any pathches for Frontend or how to go about..

Thanks in advance,

BRB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know if in 3.5 it works in a different way, but in 2.x and 3.0-3.1 we do create a fake attribute to be filled with medium/long text and then display key and text-attribute.

Hope it helps

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GFV,

Thanks for your immediate reply,

Could u plz explain me more detail, i hope i am clear with requirement i dont think so that there would be any diffrence in 3.5 , but the reason i mentioned that specifically is that ..in earler version frontend i was not sure that there is option in Bex Middle text & key as of my knowledge only Short text and key were there ..anyway ...actually we are not able to display by default middle & key when we execute the querry,(i.e after executing i am able to select in the context menu of respective char) ,, i hope ur suggestion seems to be fine ..could u plz explain in detail,

Thanks in Advance,

BRB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your question. Did you do the changes (middle text and key) in the query designer and the changes get not reflected during runtime?

Or can't you find the settings in the query Designer? (Then please install a newer BW Frontend Patch)

Heike

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about 3.5, so keep my suggestion as limited to 3.0/1. When I need to display both Key and mid (or long) txt usually I do modify my Characteristc: I declare a new Attribute (let's say ZTXTMID only display). Then the problem is "filling" the values ...

When I do create the Query I use both Characteristc and ZTXTMID Attribute.

Even I thought 3.5 had no problems about: but are you using MOST recent patch / SP with the GUI?

Hope it helps

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way to do this is the following:

- Create an InfoObject MYIOBJTXT with reference to MYIOBJ (the IObj you want to display as Text).

- Add the MYIOBJTXT as attribute to MYIOBJ. There's no need to make it navigational.

- Add the InfoObject as a DataTarget (in the InfoProvider tree).

- Create an InfoSource IS_MYIOBJ_TEXT with the fields MYIOBJ, 0TXTSH, 0TXTMD and 0TXTLG (if you need it).

- Create Update Rules for the attributes and texts in the InfoProvider tree.

- Fill MYIOBJTXT in the attributes from MYIOBJ.

- Assign your text datasource to the InfoSource.

- Create an InfoPackage and Load it.

I hope I haven't missed a step. In your query you can then show MYIOBJ as Key and show attribute MYIOBJTXT as middle text. Works with any release, even 3.5

Best regards

Dirk

Answers (0)