cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying an Attribute from ODS in Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have an ODS objects which has characteristic 0CO_ITEM_TX which is a set as an exclusive attribute in RSD1 . I am able to pull this into the 'DATAPART" of the ODS which in turn maps to the field SGTXT ( R/3 field from table BSEG) in the transfer rules .

My problem is , once the data load is complete into the ODS , when I try to report off this ODS , I am unable to see this in the Bex Query Designer . Since the datasource field SGTXT contains plain text description of the documents , I don't want to create a custom characteristic .

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPNW04,

Since 0CO_ITEM_TX is attribute only (see in RDS1), you will either have to turn off this flag. Or you can add it as an attribute to 0CO_ITEM_NO. We came across this need on a project, but ultimately did none of the above as it would involve a large amount of data reloading and activation.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply guys . I tried that option too. Also , I tried to create a cuatom characteristic with the attribute only flag unchecked . Then , I get this error message while activating the data into the ODS .

Error getting SID for ODS object Zxxxxx

Error when assigning SID (details in long text)

Value 'xyyyxyy ' (hex. '42696F48697420506970657474652052657061697220285951

I even added the missing special characters in the SPRO configuration .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In update rule for this char use a formula TOUPPER for bringin the text to uppercase letters.

Best regards,

Eugene

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the 'General' tab of the characteristic, check the box 'Lowercase Letters'.After this, it should not give an error when you load lower case letters into the infoobject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it will give an error during load to ODS.

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I created a characteristic infoobject with the lower case flag checked (as I had posted). I was able to manually create and activate data for this infobject having lowercase letters.

Why do you say that it will give an error if it is used in an ODS? There might be some reason that I am not aware of. Would you be able to tell us if there are any?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath.

The author of this thread has already mentioned it - the error during SID creation in ODS.

If only a reference (key) of the char goes to ODS - it's fine. But as far as I understand there goes a text with a lowercase letters. ODS will not accept this.

Best regards,

Eugene

Message was edited by: Eugene Khusainov

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your BW version is 3.5 turning off attrbute only will fix.

If your BW version is <3.5, you have to reload all the data into ODS to create the SIDs.

This will fix your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the characteristic maintenance uncheck Attribute only flag.

Best regards,

Eugene