Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display quotation for 20 people

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way to give a link to a quotation document in notification in email.

Now we do have a workitem which displays the quote, but the thing is there are twenty people who get the workitem, if one works the workitem would disappear from other people(standard). I donot want that to happen.

Bottom line : Notification or workitem, by which all 20 people can view the quotation. The object which Iam using is BUS2031.

Regards,

Sukumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I achieved that by using a task that was displaying the Quotation(Using Display Method) and I put a terminating event in the task that never used to trigger because it was a custom event:)). This will work. I do not have idea by which you can provide link in email.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any other way of doing this?

Above suggested cases might not work for me.

Regards,

Sukumar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the SAP GUI (SBWP) Workflow Inbox to send the notification (mail) then you can attach a Business Object method to the mail.

Please see the documentation for the FM:

SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 where you can send the business object method as an attachment to many users.

In the documentation you can see that there is an example code. Just replace the code while creating the attachment with the following code

S_OBJ-OBJTYPE = 'BUS2010040'.

S_OBJ-OBJKEY = DEAL.

S_OBJ-METHOD = 'DISPLAY'.

APPEND S_OBJ TO OBJHEAD.

• Creating the entry for the compressed attachment

OBJPACK-TRANSF_BIN = 'X'.

OBJPACK-HEAD_START = 1.

OBJPACK-HEAD_NUM = 1.

OBJPACK-BODY_START = 1.

OBJPACK-BODY_NUM = TAB_LINES.

OBJPACK-DOC_TYPE = 'OBJ'.

OBJPACK-OBJ_NAME = 'ATTACHMENT'.

OBJPACK-OBJ_DESCR = 'Marketing Deal Display'.

OBJPACK-DOC_SIZE = TAB_LINES * 255.

APPEND OBJPACK.

Once you do this the mail will have the attachement and will appear like an SAP Icon. Once the user clicks on it, it will open the transaction.

Hope this helps,

Sudhi

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

What are your requirements exactly. Why would the suggestions not work? If you could explain that maybe we can come up with some other options.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

You now send one task to 20 people, so if one processes the workitem it disappears from the inbox of the others. To prevent this you can send 20 tasks in parallel. You can either do this by a block or by subworkflows. Make sure you have all the recipients in a multi-line container element.

There has been a discussion about this not to long ago in this forum, look for this.

Regards,

Martin