cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display quantity in alternate unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to include quantity in both base unit and alternate unit in almost every report. I enhanced 0MATERIAL_ATTR datasouce for alternate unit and included alternate unit ( As Unit) , Denominator(as Key figure:Number) and Numerator(As Key figure:Number) in 0MATERIAL infoobject.

Now in report I am able to do conversion Quantity*denominator/Numerator using calculated key figure. But I am not able to associate alternate unit with this new quantity. By using NODIM function in report base unit field can be disabled but the question is how to display alternate unit next to this quantity.

Just a thought, is it a better idea to do these conversions in start routine and update routine rather than doing it at report level. How will alternate unit work in this case ?

Thanks and regards

Shilpa Bansal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that it will be better to perform the calculation in the cube itself and to store the result in a Converted Quantity type infobject with alternate unit object. This can help u in using the query which will automatically fetch ur alternate unit. This is one solution hope this can work for u. If ur getting ur objects Denominator and Numerator directly then u can write a update routine for it and map the denominator, numerator and alternate_unit to this new info object maintained for conversion.

Try this !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Waiting for more replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to my knowledge, we can't get that one.

if you need that.. you need move to backend or work with virtual KF.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• Assign points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

How virtual KF works. How will it help me to achieve my goal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virtual KF is nothing but combination KF in cube and Calculation at Query time.

that means you will be having KF in Cube... but no data will be populated during Loads. no data for that KF in cube.

You need to do the Same calculation what ever u r doing in Query in User Exit or BADI for Virtual KF. That way you don't need to drop data from cube(>=3.5).

If you are in BI 7.0, you can achive that with Remodeling Tool (if your cube already got data and you don't want to delete the data).

Take a look at Blog on Remodeling Tool in BI 7.0:<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/06/28/RemodelingToolinBI7.0">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/06/28/RemodelingToolinBI7.0</a>

Check in forum you will find lot of threads on Virtual KFs

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• assign points if it helps