cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display multiple images side-by-side

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CR XI. I am building a report to display parking ticket information and up to 4 photos side-by-side beneath each detail record. My photos are stored on a file server, not in the database. The filenames are identical except for a sequence number appended to the end of the filename. I am able to display the first jpg image using a formula to construct the file's path: Insert Picture> Format Graphic> Picture> Graphic formula editor. Placing additional photos forces the report to expand the detail section to accommodate the 2nd, 3rd, etc photo. The first detail record shows a placeholder image where I want to see the second image. I can conditionally suppress the placeholder image - that's not the problem. How can I make the photos display side-by-side?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know whether the issue was resolved and if yes, how. We are having similar problem - we are placing two dynamic images (image path coming from database on local server) without any suppress in the same Detail Section. Sometimes report shows both the images and sometimes the report shows only first image and second one does not show up at all. After doing lot of R&D, we have decided to merge the two images and show a single image. But still keen to know why this issue is coming.

Earlier in the day, sometimes even one image in the report did not show up. Point to note is that images are different size.

We also did the following and it seems to have corrected the issue if there is one image per record :

- Lock the Size

- Reset to 100%

- Remove Can Grow, Close Border, Keep Together  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shekhar

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your formula for getting the path/file for the images?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

"\\MyServer\D$\HHC-Pictures\"

& ToText(CDate({TicketPicture.PictureDate}),"yyyy-MM-dd")

&"\"

&{Ticket.TicketNo}

& "_"

& ToText(CDate({TicketPicture.PictureDate}),"yyyyMMdd")

& "_"

& LEFT({TicketPicture.PictureTime},2)

& MID({TicketPicture.PictureTime},4,2)

& RIGHT({TicketPicture.PictureTime},2)

& "_01.jpg"

This formula builds the data path to the first photo - the additional formulas for the other photos changes the 01 at the end to 02, 03....

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Here's what you need to do:

1) Insert a group on the Ticket # field

2) Move all data fields from the details to Group Header

3) Move the images to the Group Footer.

4) Suppress the details.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice, Abhilash. After following your instructions, only one image appears per group, regardless of how many actually exist. The photos that do appear are placed properly, according to sequence number; I've sized them and spaced them for up to 4 side-by-side. The one that appears per group/record seems to be selected at random.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Would you be able to send the .rpt with 'saved data' to my e-mail? (My e-mail is in my profile).

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Could you remove the 'Suppress' condition on the images and uncheck the 'Suppress' option as well.

Let me know if that worked.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removing the image suppressiion does not appear to resolve the problem - photos still stacked diagonally, one per "line".