cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display mode in WEB layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the folder,a user can access layout in display mode by use t code UPSPMD, the other use can still do the planning bu use t code UPSPL,

How can we achived the same goal in the web layout?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataraj,

Thanks for your reply. Here is how I test it.

I have two web applications which is indetical except under one of them, the "only ready for output" is set to trune and the other one is set to false.

Now I open one web application, and when I tried to open the second one, I get the message indicate that the planning area is locked.

I did another test again. this time I tried to open the same application twice- this application's "only ready for output" is set to true, it still fail when I tried to open the same application twice,

Do I have to configure some other attributes? I am also in BW3.5 version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend to the test as below:

1. close all IE browser and BPS0 sessions

2. Check the locks in SM12 and confirm no locks

3. Call BPS_WIF0 and execute the WI for which the attribute was set to true

4. Check the locks in SM12 again, you should see no locks

HTH,

Regards,

Nataraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that already, it still lock even you set the

"Only ready for output" set this to true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The attribute 'Only ready for output' will work and is working for me nicely. Things to check: come out from planning from all session, including BPS0 and close all browser sessions which uses the WI login and fire just the WI and check the lock in a parallel session.

If still not working, it's a SAP bug. my version is 3.5 and patch11, it works just fine.

HTH,

Regards,

Nataraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, the data lock going to be a big problem,which means if one user is reviewing a set of data, that set of data is locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JW,

I agree with you or the roundabout solution can be: - develop display only web interfaces (in the layout definition on the web interface there's one setting for "Only ready for output" set this to true).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried some options but nope I don't think there's any way available to open the web interface is display mode.

thanks