cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display dimension descriptions in a webi report on Analysis Services cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to access a OLAP cube on Microsoft Analysis Server 2005 through Web Intelligence. I've built a OLAP universe on a MS Analysis Services cube and a webi report on the OLAP universe.

I can see in the webi report the measures and the dimension keys but the dimension descriptions do not show any data.

I'm using the EVDESCRIPTION information of the dimension for the description but appears empty. However the MEMBER_VALUE information of the same dimension show keys correctly.

Can someone help me about how display dimension descriptions in a webi report on Analysis Services cube ?

Thanks in advance.

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Dimension description is a information of Dimension.

E.g. in BPC I have the following line report:

KEY1---Description1--Measure1

I get the description in BPC with the function: EVDES(KEY1), but in Webi I can not get the Description. The Webi report appears:

KEY1----

Measure1

In a OLAP universe on a MS Analysis Services cube Iu2019ve a dimension with a EVDESCRIPTION information (attribute).

Answering your questions:

1) BO Version: BO XI 3.1 SP2

2) OS of BO Server: Windows Server 2008

Thanks in advance.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Did you find any solution for this?

I am in the same boat, EVDESCRIPTION values not displaying in webi report.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This information is not retrieved from the MSAS database and of course is not displayed in a WebI report.

We have this requirement in the backlog for a next release.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

in your statement This information is not retrieved from the MSAS database and of course is not displayed in a WebI report. Does it apply to add attributes of a dimension, meaning can not display in any attribute of a dimension ? What's about using an attribute in a calculation of a measure

Merci / Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I Understand from the problem discription is you have:

Microsft Analysis Cube --> BO-Universe (Semantic Layer) --> WebI report.

Could you explain what you mean by Dimension description? Did you mean that the data that is present in the Dimensions is not populating in the WebI report?

Also please provide following details.

1) BO Version you are using

2) OS of BO Server.

- Anil