cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispaly a character(sayY) whencondition is met else display another(sayN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My query has to meet a certain requirement, where if a Condition is met the Keyfigure Column in the report should display a specific character else, if it doesn't meet the condition it should display another character.

Please note that i donot wish for colour identification using Exceptions but require a seperate column with the characters(Y/N).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasavi,,

Can you elaborate a little on your requirement.

I had quite a similar requirement and I solved it in this manner.

Check this link and see if it is somewhere near to your requirement.

Regards

Shalabh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabana,

My requirement is to compare a Keyfigure with a constant numeric value.

If the key figure value is equal to the constant number,then it should return Y else it should return N in a seperate column.

I am trying out with the replies u got for ur post .Hope it helps will revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done in two ways.

1. Add a new char to cube, and right the routine to update this based on the logic you mentioned. Put this char in report rows.

2. Instead of showing Y/N, if you can adjust with showing numeric value like 1 for Y and 0 for N, this can be easily done in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasavi,

Firstly, Its Shalabh and not shabana

Secondly, you can create a formula variable using boolean expression "is equal to" for the desired value of your key figure. This will return 1 wherever the value appears for that key figure and 1 elsewhere.

Or else you can include a new characteristic and create a code in the transformation for that characteristic to dispay the desired text for your key figure.

Let me know if it works.

Regards

Shalabh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalabh,

Im very sorry for the mistake in the name.

Im trying to work according to your suggestion but in not good at ABAP coding so getting stuck .Will revert to you once im done with it.

I definitely require Y/N in a seperate column as result of the keyfigure condition.

Others,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions and time.I am checking out every plausible way.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use formula variable-> operators->boolan operators , here we have desire operator to write an if condition. Also * or + are used for then. check it accordingly.

hope it will help

Sangita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below thread. It might be of some help. Again if are in BW3.5 you can use table interface for that.

Even then if you can provide more details I can derive a logic I believe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat and Others,

My requirement is that my report requires a column containing Y/N, depending on the value returned by a condition .The condition is such that a key figure is compared to a constant number and it returns 1/0.Now using this value i.e. 1/0 the column should show Y/N in the report.

I have decided to use a characteristic in the keyfigure catalog and use a routine to do the required.But, need a detailed process.Could someone suggest how ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, if you are in BW3.5 you can get the desired output using Table Interface.

Else, We can display 1/0 using a new formula where you can compare the required fields but displaying it as Y/N is not possible at the query designer level. Again as you said, you can try out for a char and do the same at cube level.

Please let us know the result....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the properties of your query to display Zero As (YES or NO)....whatever in your case.

But then you will only be able to change only for one text....since "1" will still be visible.

But you seem to be strict in the displays and want Y/N only and nothing else

Regards

Shalabh Jain