cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation not possible when trying to save input value on cal month and year

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Whenever I am trying to save input values on blank cell for calmonth and calyear at the same time, I get error message "Dissaggregation not possible". I could save on calmonth and calyear separately without issues. Does anyone know how I can resolve the issue. thanks, Bhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

having an empty cell it is hard to determine whether disaggregation can work or since an empty cell simply indicates that there exist no data yet. How should disaggregation work without data?

There exists many settings that have an impact on disaggregation. Check note 994853 (section 2.3.2 in the attached PDF document) for more details and many examples.

Regards,

Gregor

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. As I have mentioned earlier, I could input on blank cell for for both time dimensions but cannot save all at the same time.

As in the example below, I could input values in blank cell for Q1 to Q4 and save without issues and but when I try to input in blank cell for quarter and year and save at the same time, then the error occurs.

I don't know if I need to make any changes in the RSPLAN or if its a program error as the note describes.

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

why to start to discuss a more complex scenarios like the one in the above note? And in the note you mentioned cells are not empty.

Having an empty cell why are you not surprised that disaggregation works in some cases? Disaggregation means to take a new value and change values on lower level data according to weight factors coming from the lower level data. If there are no lower level data where should the weight factors coming from? What should be the target of the disaggregation?

In all disaggregation scenarios this is the first thing you have to think about !

The note 994853 I mentioned in my previous memo contains a lot of detail information about disaggregation and - by the way - answers the questions I asked above and many more. You should read this first and not expect some miracles to happen after some note implementation.

Of course, it is a good idea to implement notes to fix known bugs. But I what to point out you should understand and 'design' the disaggregation feature to avoid the kind of surprises for your end users you are now observing.

Regards,

Gregor

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot. I found the documents in the attached note. I have made a very small change and it seems to be working but I am experiencing some performance issues

Changes

- In my query, I have 7 characteristics in rows and I changed the first characteristics "Access type for result values" from posted value to characteristic relationship. This seems to work but very slow.

- I did same for the other characteristics and got short dump error when running the query from RSRT.

How do I improve the performance of the query if I set only one of the characteristi access type to characteristic relationship and do I need to make any changes in RSPLAN.

Thanks,

Bhat

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

as mentioned in note 994853 using 'access type for result values' you have to think about the amount of data to be created. So it is essential to use reasonable filters to control the number of records to be created. In the end you have to model how many records are the disaggregation targets. Think about this before you play around with query settings.

Regards,

Gregor