Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Save and save as option in infoview

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a situation where, the users should be able to drag and drop data elements for analysis, drill down on report and all features except for Save/ Save as in infoview.

but all developers should have the save option, its only users who should not have this feature.

How do i accompliash this....any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

infoview can't drilldown on a report, you have to use something like webi. If using webi then you would want to create 2 groups (1 that can edit and 1 that can't) assign both groups to the CMC > business objects applications > web intelligence. Then customize the permissions so the one group has save as and the other does not. Do not use deny access instead set to not defined

I don't remember if there is a right for save as but that's where it should be if there is. If not then at the folder level use the 2 groups and set 1 group to no access/not defined or customize to prevent adding objects to the folder

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way providing me to edit report but can not save.when I am trying to constitute an access level giving modify right on report ,it brings save right with it.

Regards,

Esra