cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Rpt file format from export options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a way to remove/hide/disbale export to Crystal Report (Rpt) file format from the list when u run a report in the Crystal Reports.com ?

Thankyou

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

The option 'Enable download' in the document properties of the report when checked only allows download of the report in rpt format,

if its unchecked then the report is not allowed to be downloaded to the rpt format , this also shows an error saying

you don't have permissions to download it.

steve_norton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are correct. Non-administrator users will not be able to download an rpt file from crystalreports.com if that checkbox on the report's properties page is unchecked. As a side note - this checkbox also appears on the report upload page if you want to enable download right from the beginning.

Users will still be able to export the report to other formats like PDF or word though. We do not have a way to block that yet.

This checkbox is only available for report documents since the very nature of PDF or office documents involves users downloading them to be able to view them.

Cheers,

Steve

abasilis
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, I know this post is old, but I'm looking this option, and I cannot find it. I'm using SAP Crystal Reports 14.2.8.3426. I want to be able to block users from exporting rpt files in the export button within SAP Business One. Thanks!