cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directly embed Design Studio application into SharePoint or html iframe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is there any way to directly embed a Design Studio application into SharePoint (e.g. via Page Viewer Web Part or Content Editor) or a html iframe(<iframe src="<url to design studio app>" ... >)?

Using just a link (e.g. http://<portal_server>:<portal_port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.ip.bi.designstudio.nw.portal.ds?APPLICATION=<application-name>) is simple but embedding an application directly into a web page seems to be quite difficult.

For my scenario the Design Studio application is published to NetWeaver portal, there is no BO server. I know it is possible to embed a Design Studio application into NetWeaver portal by using related iView but how can I achieve this in SharePoint or any other web site?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you take your iView and place it in SharePoint using the correct answer here, assuming you are using Sharepoint 2010? How to use SAP portal Iview with SharePoint 2010 | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for sharing this (I will test that).

Is there any other way without using an iView? The disadvantage of an iView is that I have to create one for each application which might be a lot.

Regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matti - the only other idea I can think of is IOMS (BusinessObjects for SharePoint) - have you tried that? We did a pilot last year, and liked the results.  See

However we didn't try integrating with the portal; I haven't used BI/BW with the portal in years. I don't know if IOMS will work with Design Studio/iViews, but it is a thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to embed Design Studio Dashboard into a web sphere portal.

Would that be possible?

Regards,

Sukanya

Answers (0)