cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Types of Enterprise Architectures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any body know what are the different types of Enterprise Architectures except ESA.

i have surfed the internet but i cud not find so plz do let me know if possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much everybody who helped me out. this fourm is really very functional.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude,

Architecture is not a concept related to a vendor, so please posting crazy response.

Architecture is all about how do we address

Businesss

Information

Application

Infrastructure

Security

As part of an IT enablement of a business requirement.

Architectures are based on principles, process, frameworks, products and technologies

There are numerous frameworks which address the architecture view of IT enablement of business TOGAF, E2AF are some of them.

Please people respond to question like these please learn the basics of Architecture.

ESOA is just an implementation of SOA from SAP and Also SAP trying to bring that close based TOGAF.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chishti,

Go through these Blogs.

/people/natty.gur/blog/2006/10/12/and-133-why-we-need-the-enterprise-architecture-framework

/people/natty.gur/blog/2006/10/12/and-133-why-we-need-the-enterprise-architecture-framework

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90a744a3-55d9-2910-96b9-8a1513fe...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have a look at this pdf , can guide you .

http://www.bptrends.com/publicationfiles/12-03%20NL%20Enterprise%20Architectures.pdf

Regards

Abhishek Agrahari

Ramneek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am sure you would have already read about Enterprise Architecture and would start with the assumption that you are already aware of the various definitions. As far as I know there are no well defined classifications of Enterprise Architectures.

However there are different Enterprise Architecture Frameworks which help you identify and define the enterprise architecture. Some of the popular ones are TOGAF, Zachman, DoDAF and SAP EAF.

Quoting from wikipedia – “Frameworks, or prefabricated architectures, are commonly used to organize enterprise architectures into different views that are meaningful to system stakeholders”.

Enterprise Architecture is a very organic model. It is strategy driven and hence every enterprise will have its own flavor. The Enterprise Architecture Frameworks will help in modeling the Architecture but the evolution of the model is very specific to the enterprise.

A good place to start exploring the various enterprise frameworks is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_architecture.

This web page contains links to the following enterprise architecture frameworks:

• Zachman framework Zachman Institute's Enterprise Architecture Framework

• TOGAF The Open Group Architecture Framework

• DoDAF

• Federal Enterprise Architecture or FEA

• MODAF The UK Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework

• IDEAS Group A four-nation effort to develop a common ontology for architecture interoperability

• CLEAR Framework for Enterprise Architecture Atos Origin's Enterprise Architecture Framework

Another good place for enterprise architecture frameworks is http://architectureframework.com/

I hope you find this information useful.

Thank you,

Ramneek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply. but u know i m doing dissertation on SOA so i need other EA which i cud compare and say that yes that's y we should choose SOA u know wht i mean. So if u know wht was happening before SOA then do let me. just give me hint. cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chishti,

What was happening before SOA-->

The complete solution was tightly coupled,

Reusability was not there.

Everything was available within the box.

Interoperatibility was a problem.

Services/solutions available inside the box could not be used for outside world.

Just hints

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply. u mean that there were Client server architecture, distributed architecture. and we had these problem there we had tighh coupling, less reusablility. we had interoperabilty problem and bla bla.

Ramneek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When you talk about Client-Server Architecture or Distributed systems you are referring to Application architecture or Solution architecture. These are just sub sets of Enterprise Architecture. Enterprise Architecture has a much bigger scope. It models all three aspects of an enterprise – Business, Information and Technology. As you can see when you talk about Client-Server or Distributed systems you only touch upon the information architecture part of an enterprise.

From a historical perspective, enterprise architecture as a practice can be said to be started with a paper from IBM in late 1980’s - "A Framework for Information Systems Architecture," by J.A. Zachman. In mid 1990’s the Department of Defense of the US government started its own research in the field of Enterprise Architecture and came up with TAFIM - Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management. In 1996 the U.S. congress passed a bill known as the Clinger-Cohen Act which made it mandatory for all federal agencies of the U.S. government to improve the effectiveness of their IT investments. This lead to the formation of a body called as the CIO council which came up with the FEAF - Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework in the late 1990’s. Later The Open Group took up from where TAFIM left and came up with another framework for Enterprise Architecture called TOGAF - The Open Group Architectural Framework. Today Gartner is a very influential organization in the field of Enterprise Architecture.

I hope this gives you some insight about how Enterprise Architecture as a discipline has evolved over the last 20 years. This is only a brief outline of some of the influential events. There is a lot more information available on this and there are many more methodologies now in practice. The important point is to understand the scope of Enterprise Architecture and its importance in today’s rapidly changing business environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur continued help. but u know i have to compare the ESOA and other architecture. So wht do u think shall i compare it Client Server architecture, distributed and component based architecture. if u do know abt this help me. ur responses are highly appriciatable. Hope will hear from u soon.

Darin-Paton
Participant
0 Kudos

Chishti,

SAP has extended the TOGAFramework to include SOA and ERP architecture developing a new framework called SAP EAF.

Darin Paton

EA BPP

Note: Search for "SAP EAF"

Here is one. Franck Lopez is driving this framework within SAP.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9069be99-f321-2a10-9085-ca1f0fe0...