cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between SAP Installation Guide and SAP Notes 1634482 & 1881509

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we still have problems with activities in TDMS. During searching for solutions I found two SAP Notes 1634482 & 1881509 which contain entirely other information as installation guide from SAP.

SAP guide indicates that the roles  SAP_TDMS_MASTER_CR and SAP_TDMS_RFC_USER_700_CR are enough to execute the activities.

But the SAP Notes 1634482 & 1881509 contain another information. For example the notes indicate additionally to another roles, which you will find below:

• SAP_TDMS_CONTROL_CENTER_DISPL
  • SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_USER
  • SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_EXPERT
  • SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_BUS_EXPERT
  • SAP_TDMS_USER

Do I really need the additional roles? Is that all? Do I need to request  another roles additionally?

Thanks in advance and br,

Ilkin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello llkin,

No, you don't need these additional roles as SAP_TDMS_MASTER_CR contains the role SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_ADMIN which is sufficient for performing scrambling activities. What error you are facing now ?

Thanks

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

the situation is strange. The problem is that the activity "Verification of Execution System" cannot be performed. The status is "Release/Scheduled". In other words "green flag" although I have all necessary roles.

TDMS User - user type "dialog":

In control/central and in execution system "SAP_TDMS_MASTER_CR" which contains the role "SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_ADMIN". 

RFC User - user type "dialog":

In control/central and in execution system "SAP_TDMS_RFC_USER_CR" and "SAP_TDMS_RFC_USER_700".

And a lot of another roles:

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_APPL1

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_APPL2

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_APPL3

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_BASIS

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_BASIS_700

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_RECEIVER

SAP_DMIS_TDMS_SENDER

SAP_TDMS_ACTGROUP_ADMIN

SAP_TDMS_ACTGROUP_DISPLAY_USER

SAP_TDMS_ACTGROUP_EXEC

SAP_TDMS_CONTROL_CENTER

SAP_TDMS_HCM_MASTER

SAP_TDMS_HCM_USER

SAP_TDMS_MASTER

SAP_TDMS_MASTER_CR

SAP_TDMS_SCRAMBLING_ADMIN

SAP_SLOP_MASTER

I am aware that the activity "Verification of Execution System" executed with the background job "CNV_MBT_CNV_TDMS_SCR_CHECK_PROD". But I could not find the job in SM37.

For your attention. I have already installed all necessary SAP notes.

What can be the reason?

BR and thanks in advance,

Ilkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello llkin,

Without looking into the system its difficult to state that what could be the reason.  By the way this activity will create the job in execution system, are you checking the job in execution system or the central system ? If you are checking in execution system then just try to execute this activity from SAP gui ( it is not recommended to execute the activities from sap gui but just for testing try to execute it once) and see if you get any message upon execution ? To execute it from sap gui, open your package in central system via transaction cnvmbtpct.

Thanks

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

I have done what you suggested. Please check the attached screenshots.

1. Transaction cnvmbtpct

2. Transaction SM37 in execution system

3. Job information

4. Number of jobs for activity

5. Additionaly transaction SM21 to show system logs

For your information there are no log entries available for the selected job.

Thanks in advance and br,

Ilkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

I have found out, why the activities were not executed. The reason is that the jobs in execution system has the status "Scheduled". I have to release each job and then start it immediatly. Is that ok that we have to release the jobs manually or the system has to do it by self?

Thanks,

Ilkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ilkin,

You can release the job now and start it immediately but this should be done by system itself. Do you have free background processes in execution system ? one thing is clear now that this is not a TDMS issue as jobs are getting scheduled but not getting released by system. Please check your system settings and process in execution system.

Thanks

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

thanks for your reply.

I have checked the number of free background process in execution system in SM50. There are 5 free background process.

What kind of system and process settings should i check else?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ilkin