Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between General Ledger Accounting (New) and Old

kiran_t4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help me with the below:

1)Could any one please explain the difference between General Ledger Accounting (New) and General Ledger Accounting (Old).

After going through the help document I understood that the BI 7 version came up with General Ledger Accounting (New), If this is true then can we still use 0FI_GL_04 in Ecc and BI7.0?

2)what is the difference between 0FI_GL_04 and 0FI_GL_14?

3) Is there any material or link or pdf that explains more clearly about FI - GL implementation in BI.

Thanks in advance.Your help will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Pl check SDN before Posting

Diff. Between old and New GL :

Extraction and Reporting of FI-CA: Open Items Data In SAP-BI:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a9996115-0b01-0010-b2b2-d9de0170a...

Financial Accounting: Procedure for Delta Extraction of Transaction Figures:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/41/4b73415fb9157de10000000a155106/content.htm

Complete FI-GL Information :

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/FigL/FigL.pdf

Regards

Ram

Edited by: Ramakanth Deepak Gandepalli on Jan 29, 2010 5:14 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing Travel management. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it ok if old Financial accounting is used. does it have any implication (difference)

2) Which business function needs to be activated to get node of Financial accounting (New) as I see old Financial accounting node only.

Thanks

kiran_t4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mr V Thanks a lot for the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr V,

Your repsonse was very informative. We currently use 0FI_AP_4 and 0FI_AR_4 along with 0FI_GL_4. We will be moving to new GL and hence willl be using 0FI_GL_14.

I couldn't find any related AP and AR datasources for new GL. Does this mean we still have to use old 4 datasources for AP and AR or does 0FIGL_14 serve AP and AR too .

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With old G/L in R/3, the tables GLT0 (totals), BSEG, BKPF (Line Item) get filled. in BI side u have to use data model

0FI_GL_1 --> 0FI_GL_1 --> 0FIGL_C01 (for Totals).. 0FI_GL_1 is based on table GLT0

0FI_GL_4 --> 0FI_GL_4 --> 0FIGL_O02 (for Line item) .. 0FI_GL_4 is based on table BSEG

With New G/L in R/3, the tables FAGLFLEXT (totals), FAGLFLEXA, BSEG, BKPF (Line Item) get filled. in BI side u have to use data model

0FI_GL_10 --> 0FI_GL_10 --> 0FIGL_C10 (for Totals)... 0FI_GL_10 is based on table FAGLFLEXT

0FI_GL_14 --> 0FIGL_O14 (for Line item)... 0FI_GL_14 is based on tables FAGLFLEXA, BSEG, BKPF

Functionally, this effects other financial modules like AP, AR, PCA (Profit Center Accounting)

for ex: with new G/L implented in BI side, this fullfils most of profit center Acounting requirements, and u donot have to implement PCA module seperately.