cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff.between Maintain substitute and adopt substitute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the difference between maintain substitute and adopt substitute.

thanks

sitaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Suppose there are two users A & B, and user A wants that user B should be able to work on behalf of him due to some reasons, user A will maintain B as his substitute.

Whereas if B wants to act as substitue, he will adopt the substitution and will be able to work on behalf of user A.

Hope it clarifies some of the concepts.

Regds,

Akshay

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread locked

See the [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] for further info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin

why did u drag this issue, why did u that much respond about this.you have any problem with me.

thanks

sitaram

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have a problem with you personally, but with the fact you know the forum guidelines but you don't follow them. You ask a general question without any information and as a result you don't get a satisfying answer. You do no only waste your time because you need to read responses which don't answer your real question, but it also wastes our time because we give you answers you wouldn't have gotten if you would have asked a better and more specific question.

Also as of last monday I think, the guidelines actually changed into rules and will be enforced more strictly. So it pays to follow them.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin

I know the forum guidelines, i have idea on that.

thanks

sitaram

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But if you know them, why don't you follow them?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin

First read this topic in sap help, but i am not clear on this , after that i posted the question

thnaks

sitaram

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why didn't you mention this in your question? And if you did read it you could have made your question more specific, and point out which part isn't clear. Maybe you should take a look at the forum guidelines on how to ask questions, because yours could be improved massively.

Regards,

Martin

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sitaram,

If you just searched the SAPHelp you would have found [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8d/25f558454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm|this link]. So you would have found your answer much quicker.

Just try searching before posting a question, not only here on SDN but also in the SAPHelp.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maintaining a substitute means you are making another user to be a substitute for you at the time of your absence to act on your workitems. Adopting means the user, whom you have made as your substitute accepts the substitution and works on your worktiems.

<content removed by moderator as it was just a copy and paste without giving a source>

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jun 24, 2008 11:32 AM