cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing customer content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

For a customer we are investigating developing 'customer content'The several business units use different BW versions (3.0 up to 3.5). Is it true that for every BW release I need a seperate content development system or can i develop content on 3.5 and distribute it to all other versions.

Thanx in advance,

Cerillo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you decided to use different versions at different units of the organization, I hope, it is not a good practice. Why do not you use a single BW system and make it as corporation level data warehouse which can support all units' needs.

<i>Is it true that for every BW release I need a seperate content development system</i>

There is no seperate seperate content development system in BW. It is a part of BW . So every unit will have it's own BW so obviously it will have it's own content development system.

Actually , I did not understand your question properly.If my posting is not giving any light kiondly execuse me.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cerillo,

Yes, but not a good practise because of the ...

1.Objects in the namespace of the role <b>P</b>(Producer).

2.Objects in standart namespace (<b>A* to Z*</b>).

These above objects can be changed in a customer content system.

<i>You can set the other objects imported into your system to changeable by making enteries in a content system administration.</i>

Hope this helps, otherwise let me know.

Thanks

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

Thanks for your reply. You say it is possible but i dont understand the objections, can you please elaborate on this?

Kind regards,

Cerillo