cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop webpage using PowerBuilder12.5 classic editor & syntax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help us to develop a simple webpage (static & dynamic (with database connection e.g. Oracle)) using PowerBuilder12.5 classic editor & syntax? I am purely powerbuilder12.5 classic client server application developer using Oracle as a backend.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

I would suggest to have a look at other tools to do that, PB is not the best to make a web site.

Take it as an opportunity to learn something else.

Regards

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek;

If you are running PB 12.5.2 (as Mark states) - SAP have removed the WebForm feature (added back in PB 11.0) that could generate ASP.Net web pages. Prior to PB 12.0 - Sybase also removed "Web Targets" - so there is nothing you can do in the current PB Classic or even PB.Net for that matter to webify your application.

However, I would like to suggest that you have a serious look at Appeon Web product. Appeon has been webifying PB applications for over a decade and can now even mobilize your PB applications to the Apple and Android devices as well. Appeon integrates with the PB IDE - reading your object source in the PBL's and then generating pure Java or C#, plus XML, HTML and jScript in both 32 and 64bit models (hence no need for the PBVM run-times).

FYI: Great White North Technical Evangelist: Appeon Web

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Perhaps the webform target in PB Classic will do the job for you if you have that target available in your copy of PB. I've upgraded to PB 12.5.2 so I no longer see it as a target. They removed it in as an option in PB 12.5.2 so as long as you are on an earlier release of 12.5 you should be good. You could develop your app as client/server then convert it to webform when you're done or develop it as a webform from the start. I would caution you to look through the PB help file and read up on the events that cause post backs. As long as you architect your code properly it should perform well. If you want to get fancy on the client side read up on javascript. The old webform newsgroup is a good source of information.

Hth,

Mark