cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining report running time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is not the right forum, but I have to ask any way.

We use BOE 4.X for all our enterprise report scheduling and running.  We would like to be able to create a report to determine the running time of each report in BOE.  Is there a table(s) with in the BOE database that would hold this information?  The report name, start and end date/time would just about all the data needed.

Thanks.

Ralph L. Wahlert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could look at the Audit database.  I think you can get this information from the duration of the "Refresh" event.

There's a really good audit universe available for BO 4.1 here:  .

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell.

Is the audit database separate from the BOE database?  We are using SQL Server for the BOE database and I only see BOE database.

Regards,

Ralph

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is separate.  In the CMC, go to "Auditing" to determine whether it has been configured and which database it is using.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell:

My apologizes.  It has come to my attention that we are not yet on 4.1 but are currently using BOE version 3.1 SP6.  So I would think that my options for reporting on the performance of reports would fewer.

Are there options available to us with this version?

Regards,

Ralph

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 3.1, if you look at the Crystal Job Server(s) in the CMC, you can see whether auditing is turned on.  If it is, then you should be able to get the information you're looking for from that audit database through the Activity universe. 

If auditing is not turned on then there is no way to get this info without using either the .NET or Java SDK to extract it from the CMS database.  This data is stored in a proprietary format in a BLOB field in the CMS database, so it can't be queried directly.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell:

Thank you.

I'm guessing, but from the lack of a check mark in the "Auditing is enable" checkbox that I'm out of luck.

I will make certain that auditing is enabled when we upgrade to 4.1.

Can auditing be enabled at any time?

Ralph

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, auditing can be enabled at any time.  However, you would first need to set up a database that is NOT your CMS database to be used for the auditing data.  Then, in 3.1, you would need to do the following:

- Run the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).

- Stop the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).

- Go to the Configuration tab of the SIA's properties.

- Set the Auditing database configuration.

- Click on OK.

- Start the SIA.

-Dell

Answers (0)