cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect malicious code in base64 image

former_member666258
Participant
0 Kudos

I created an app that has a function to upload images (this works fine) but now they (the client) want to make the app secure that's why want to encode the image or maybe scan my images base64 before i send to sap to avoid malicious code in the base64 . I tried to encode when i take the picture but i got an error be cause the app freezes and the request neved come to sap (i think it's be cause the odata check this base64 i'm not sure) but i need some ideas :c

former_member666258
Participant
0 Kudos

No , just cordova to take the picture and js

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the backend? ABAP system?

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quick questions

• Why are you converting it to base64 , to make it secure ? you can restrict the content type anyways in the Gateway system
  • How are you sending base64 to SAP ? Are you POSTing it in HTTP body ? ( I doubt if stream upload will work )
  • What app are we talking about ? Android / iOS , Web ??

Sree

alagon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Base64 is just an encoding process, so after the decode you will get back exactly what you encoded.

If you want to make your program secure, you need to make sure it is secure before Base64 encoding.

Here is some information about Base64, so you can understand how it works and why it is not suitable for securing programs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)