cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate: no way to restore deleted Process Chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got to say the process chain user interface really sucks! SAP has to learn on how to improve it's user interface by learning from other software companies! I was through the menu: Attribute -> Display Component to reassign process chain to another component. I created some test chain and need to delete them, but actually my real chain is active by double clicking it, then I click the test chain once and want to delete it (Note here that I only click the test chain cursor once without double clicking it, even if the highlight focus is on the test chain, but actually it's still on my real chain!), then I accidently deleted my real chain. That's a big big chain that I have burned my eyes to create it! There seems no way to restore it?

Here I tell you a lesson that you have to double click chain to really select it and be careful when conduct deletion!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

did you already transport the chain? If yes, it might be possible to get it back from the other system by assigning the chain to a new change request and transport it again to the system where you deleted the chain.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Siggi,

The new system is just installed and we have not conducted any transport.

Thanks!