cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio API calls to display/hide lines in a BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have a BEx query, in which the lines are defined as a structure of six selections. All six selections are marked with "Hide (Can be shown)". Depending on the value of a BEx variable, I want to display two of the six lines.

Can anybody point me to the correct API calls and parameterization in SAP Design Studio that will accomplish this?

Thanks a lot

Karsten Kutza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

The structure should appear as a Dimension in the data source, with the 6 items represented as Members.  Therefore, in your scripting, depending on the value of the variable you should be able to filter the desired structure lines using setFilter("Technical ID of Structure", string of structure member values).

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Mustafa,

I will try and let you know.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working very fine, thank you very much for your help, Mustafa!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Quick questions for clarification:

1. Where would you pass variable to BEx from Design Studio? (On variable initialization or any action event)

2. What are the 6 selections here? Are they key figures?

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

1) the BEx variable I mentioned is a mandatory input-ready variable in the BEx query that I want to control. The value is available through DS_1.getVariableValueExt(), no problem.

2) The six selections are selections on 0VERSION, 0VYTPE and 0CALYEAR (different reference versions in a planning layout).

Thanks

Karsten