Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

descriptions on the variable popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm finding a strange behaviour on the variable popup

in some reports:

for some variables when I check some values (and I can see their descriptions from the selection window) the

variable popup shows me the values I've selected but

not the description.

These variables are defined as user entry.

best regards,

Mirco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirco,

In the variable pop-up, click on the All Values button (Shift + F6). You should be able to see all values now.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu Gupta,

I can't see the button you're talking about and SHIFT + F6

does not seem to work

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was talking about the button with the Globe on it, but after reading your reply to cc, I think that this is not the case...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mirco,

I think you are talking about the values (after the user chooses something...) and not the description of the variable itself...

Did you check if you have the descriptions loaded in master data tables ?

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

can give an example?

while creating variables,if u have provided descriptions then it displays description otherwise tech name of the variable.chck for all the varibales whether descriptions are provided or not.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

c c,

with "description" I mean the description of the selected

value, not the one of the variable:

ex.

Sales Org BI01 Sales Org 01

Country IT Italy

District 1234 ......

In the first column there is the variable, in the second, the value I've chosen, and in the third the description of

the chosen value. For district no description appears although it exists.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then u should check master data for District.check whether 'texts' are existing for district.

see in 'district' infoobject maintainace if 'texts' check is enabled under masterdata tab.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

c c,

the texts exist, infact i can see them when the system let me choose the items, but when i came back from the selection windo to the popup variable window i can see only the code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

maybe your variable screen uses short or medium texts while you are referring to existing long descriptions in your master data (or in the global list)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this query on an ODS object or InfoCube? If it is on the ODS object, you need to change the infoobject setting for the BEx tab. If it is on a Cube or MP, you can either change the InfoObjet or use the extras-->structure specific infoobject properties.

Thanks,

Jeff