cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment error in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While deploying a model in SAP Newtweaver visual composer , I get the following error . Can anyone how to fix this error?

Portal Request Failed:

(WD deployment failed. Consult log file for details)

Also, how do I access the log file?

regards,

subram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This Error Usually comes in VC . But i faced this error so many times but i did not get the reason . so that time i did the same application again it works fine try this if u have time .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..I will try again...How do I access log file..?

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the nwa, Problem Resultion tab. There is a log viewer. I'd probably start in the default trace.

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..Can u give me the path?

I log in to J2EE administrator and I could not locate problem resolution tab. Can u pls provide more details?

regards,

subram

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the "Availability and Performance Management" tab. On the left hand side is the "Log Viewer". Click on it and then in the "select view" combo box , select "default trace".

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to figure out log file. But now I am getting an error " There is nothing to deploy" in VC.

what could be the issue?

regards,

subram

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you compile your models?

Make sure that your "runtime" configuration in VC for the component is correct. Try "Web Dynpro " or "Portal"

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is set to " Web Dynpro". It compiles successfully and deploys successfully. But also says" Nothing to deploy!" . What does this mean?

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at this [thread |; in VC 7.0 forum

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply. I followed all the instructions as in SDN thread.

Now I get " Nothing to Deploy" . I used iview as "Primary Window" and used compiler runtime as "Webdynpro". I created new iviews and tried to deploy them. I am getting " Nothing to Deploy" every time.

regards,

subram

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly are you trying to deploy? A component or a portal element (iview, page, workset, role, etc)? If you are deploying a portal element, then the runtime must be set to "portal" not "webdynpro".

Dick

Answers (0)