cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Web IDE developed apps in on premise Fiori Launch Pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We already have ABAP based Fiori Launch Pad on premise. We would like to build an App using SAP Web IDE and deploy it there. From Web IDE how can the app be deployed to on premise site using the "Deploy to SAPUI5 ABAP Repository" option?  Please note that I am using a HANA Cloud Platform Developer Account.  When I click on this ( see picture ) the "System" option is available - how/where can this be configured to point to on premise site. Is this something that is configured in Cloud Connector?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Prahalad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prahalad,

To be able to deploy you need to have your destination configured with the webideusage dev_abap and have the path /sap/bc/adt available in your cloud connector.

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/SAP_RDE/frameset.htm?5c3debce758a470e8342161457fd6f70.html

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jamie,

Thanks for your reply - we will test this out and see.

Meanwhile I received an email from Jennifer Cha as follows 

Register to SAP Fiori launchpad is not available in the trial HCP. In the internal production system, I can do that.

On the HCP,  there is a service which is launchpad.  After you have deployed the project/app to Hana Cloud Platform, you could register this app to Fiori launchpad.  I don’t know when the launchpad service will be available in trial HCP.  It should be sometime soon.

.. am a bit confused when she says "I don’t know when the launchpad service will be available in trial HCP"  -- I am not looking for Launchpad at all within HCP as my goal is to deploy it on premise.

regards,

Prahalad

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prahalad,

She is referring to Fiori as a service which is a version of the Launchpad running on HCP.  In IDE the option "Register to SAP Fiori launchpad" which will register you apps into this.  For what you are looking to do the option "Deploy to SAPUI5 ABAP Repository" is correct.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.