cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployed file doesn't show up in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have deployed a par file from NWDS and it showed up in PCD. But it doesn't show up in the par file list from portal (iview from par file list).

We have restarted our portal and also deleted all the cookies.

We are on ep6.sp11

Any ideas...

Thanks,

Madhuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

Your portalapp.xml has to be incorrect. Can you post your portalapp.xml.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

How do you do?

Can you help clear my confusion...please

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

I didn't get you. What is the confusion?

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Would like to explain this referring to the code you sent me.

I did not have the required jar files for which I was unable to even compile the code you sent me....and thus not able to deply on the Portal.

and with respect to the reply regardign placing the jar files in the dist->...folders...I want to know how can one deply a par file without the associated/required jar files?????

Is the concept different in both cases? Sorry im new in this...so cud nto stop myself from asking this..when I read this post.....

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Which code are you referring to? If you want i could send you the jar files. There is no need to put the jar files dist-> .. folders if the jar files are delivered in portal. Sometimes you just have to add the reference in portalapp.xml . The only time you want to add a jar file in dist->... folder is when the jar file is external to SAP's portal.

Prakash Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Portal Developer,

How did it go?

I do not mean to confuse anyone but your experiment with this would help clear my confusion too.

I thought that to deploy a par file, all the necessary jar files are required.

Awaiting Reply.

Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if you have any entry for component in the portalapp.xml

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are editing the default par files from portal you have to add the required jar files.If you had not added the required jar files then par file do not appear in the new from par list.Paste the corresponding jar files in these locations

dist ->portalinf-> lib->*.jar

dist ->portalinf->private->lib->*core.jar

You can get this jar files from unzipping the parfile using winzip

For the new par you had created check whether the safety level is added in the portalapp.xml.

Regards

Geogi