cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy PAR FIle error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to portal . I am wrote a simple Hello World type application in Eclipse with Portal plugin . I do not have a PDK installed in my PC . I have to deploy the par file to remote portal server EP6 .

1. I am not able to do Export from eclipse , Not sure what user id and port should I use.

2. I then went to

http://<myhost>:<myport>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prttarget/adc/prteventname/selectArchive/prtroot/Por... (based on some of the postings) and try to upload the PAR . It did not give any error . But I could not see it in Archive Deployment checker. When I re started the portal J2EE engine , I was able to see it.

Do I have to restart J2EE engine after every deploy ??

3. Now that I see my par file , it says , the par file is not installed . When I try to Install the par file , I get an error message

ERROR: Error in the listener class com.sap.ip.portal.admin.portalanywhere.QueryHandler during the process of handleTopic.

Does any one knows what this means ??

Thanks and Regards

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The easiest way to deploy your par file is from inside Eclipse.

The port is the same port where your portal is running (normally 50000).

Userid is some portal user with admin rights (normally 'Administrator' or 'admin')

2. The url you posted will just work fine. You don't have to restart the engine after deployment. I guess you didn't see your deployed par file immediately because of some caching. (Try to empty your Browsers cache!)

3. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe you should check the portal log files to see if they reveal more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thanks for the info .

1. We have a Portal User "Administrator" who has System Admin and Super Admin Role . This is a remote deploy .

I am trying to deploy on a portal server(not my pc).

I still get the error. The Eclipse pop up title is

"Unable to connect to Portal" and the error message is

Unfortunately the upload of your PAR was not successful.

Press Cancel to skip this operation or Retry.

Target component C:\javaproj\BMTestPar01\BMTestPar01.par

Error message: upload seems to have failed

I tried full qualified server name , IP address , we use port 50000. But non of them works.

Only when I logon to portal and try through Archive Uploader , it works.

2. I can see the par file now in the right folder on the server ...\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd\

But i still can not see that in Archive Deployment Checker. I tried to clear browser cache , but still can not see it .

3. When I try to execute the iview , I get a java iview runtime error .

Am I missing something. I do not have PDK or any web server installed in my PC. Do I need it ??

Thanks and Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message "Unable to connect..." is most likely caused by wrong proxy settings. If your portal is in your intranet try to disable the proxy in the Eclipse preferences.

What are your plugin and ep versions ?

Btw. the PDK is not needed to successfully deploy par files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

I am using Eclipse 2.1.0 and plugin 6.2.2.

Portal is in my intranet.

I am not able to find proxy settings in eclipse. Please let me know how i can fix the proxy setting.

My other two problems were solved by re starting the J2EE engine . But Export par file to portal is still a

problem.

Thanks

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your portal is in your intranet, then proxies should be disabled.

In Eclipse 2.1 you can find then in the preferences under the node "Install/Update".

In NetWeaver DevStudio you can find them under the node "Workbench/Proxy Settings".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

I checked my proxy setting and it is not enabled . It is still not working . But atleast I have an alternative deploy working. Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Bhanu