cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta when only data fields change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

ODS 1 is (full) loaded from a flat file and it sends a delta to ODS2.

If only data values are changed in ODS 1 through a repeat load without dropping earlier one (key values are not changed), will there be a delta to ODS2.

Thanks.

Saf.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Safdar,

If there's a change in the Key section of the record, then this is not a delta, it's a new record, with different key. The new record will be pushed to the next ODS.

If the data change in the data fields of an existing key combination, then it will be a delta and will loaded to the next ODS as such.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MG & Luis,

To test your assertions I created two ODS, with the second one supposed to get a delta from the first.

I see 10 records in ODS 1, I just loaded from DBConnect. But when I do delta to ODS 2, the load ends with green lights but 0 records are transferred. I even dropped the data from ODS 1 and reloaded but no success.

What might be the problem?

Thanks.

Saf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will be a delta load if anything is changed. Even if nothing is changed it will still genereate a delta based on request ID. So lets say that you do a load and run the delta then reload the exact same file. It will push the second load as a delta even though nothing has changed.