cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta queue entry not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is really vierd to me but all of a sudden we dont see an entry for one of the item level datasources in RSA7. the header and scheduline etc all are fine and the regular load went thru as well for others. RSA3 does show records for the same.

What are the possible reasons to lose an entry from the delta queue and how to recover them.

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It could be that the RSA7 entry might be DELETED.

On RSA7 there is an option for deletion of DELTA QUEUE entry.

There is NO WAY TO RECOVER THE DELETED DELTA QUEUE. You need to go from the scratch. But do ensure that you don't get the DUPLICATES. There is a possibility of even missing few DELTA UPDATES.

Regards

GPK.

Message was edited by: Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Thats my guess too. But I dont think I cant find that out as to who might have deleted and why.

How can I recover this delta entry.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You cann't RECOVER. You need to start from fill up of setup tables, the entire process. Be sure, there is a huge possibility of dupicates.

Regards,

GPK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the response. I am thinking if I run the setup for the app comp 11 , wont it bother the other DS's too which are working fine. Its VAITM missing only.

Is that the only way to get it back in RSA7.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For others you have an entry in the DELTA QUEUE. it should pick only those. FILLING OF SETUP TABLE doesn't affect the DELTA QUEUE. The moment the entry is in RSA7, from then the DELTA are captured.

Regards,

GPK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just making sure what I understood is correct

So one of the things setup run does is to bring in the entries in RSA7 also while it initialises the SETUP TABLES.

Thanks I will try this and get back.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you initialize set up tables for a DS, then only those tables get filled. It has no effect on the records for the same datasource in RSA7. After filling setup tables, you can extract the Init. data. But RSA7 records are delta records.

In general, if you start the extraction process, filling set up tables is the first step (Extract Structures have to be active though). After this, you create an infopakage in BW and extract the init. data. Only if you want to get the delta records, you need to schedule the v3 updates and then the delta data will come from extraction queue into the delta queue (RSA7). you would create a delta infopakage in BW and extract the delta records from RSA7 of R3 into BW. But this applies only for the LO-LIS extract structures (LBWE).

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap, this is what, I was trying to state!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got it totally, I understand this process, but I was just trying to c if I lose an entry in RSA7 then is this the only way to recover it from Setup runs.

But I pretty much got my answer, I will run the setup ,schedule a delta and should be good to go.

Thanks a lot for the help, will keep this posted once I see the results from setup run.

Thanks once again

Priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

praveen/govind - i am trying to understand here. since the delta queue entry got deleted from rsa7 u said we can get it only by filling setup tables. so we should not delete setup and fill it again right as deletion might affect the other ds's in that application component. just confirm this.

u also said there might be some duplicate records? how to overcome that?

~rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You need to follow the entire procedure.

Delete Setup Tables

Fill Setup Tables

Here is the thing, why we are doing this extra step.

On RSA7, the DELTA QUEUE is deleted. How does BW know what are the changes made, lets say for ORDERS. There is no track. That is the reason, you use filling of setup tables using some restrictions. Another catch here is that, you need to be carefull enough to ensure you don't load duplicates and there is no way to say what changes happened to what orders.

Once you finish the setup tables and loading, then run you V3 job and hence start your init.

Regards,

GPK.