cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using a cube, which is updated from few infoSources. One of the infoSources supports Delta update and the others don’t. The user wants the data to be updated daily. According to SAP documentation the loading behavior should be that the infosource with the delta update will be updated daily and the infosource without delta will be updated with a new InfoPackage for each time point. Our user wants all the data to be update daily. Is it possible in a different way? I read that I can put an ODS under the cube and use the change log table for the delta. Is it the way of doing it?

Please Advice.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the volume of data coming from non-delta datasource, you can choose the ODS option (if the data volume is less, you can use ODS to create the delta which then goes to the infosource).

A new infopackage will work if you have a date/time selection field which will get you exactly the delta for one day (which may not be simple in certain cases).

ODS generated delta (where ODS gets the full update everytime) is more robust option, but it will consume more system resource.

You can decide on one or the other based on the above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P&Ajay,

Thank you for your answers.

The problem is with the extractor 0CO_OM_OPA_1.

I tried to put an ODS before the cube, but when i deleted records in R3, the data wasnt change in the cube. when i updated excisting records or added new records it worked. should i use 0recordmode???

Thank you!!!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

might be relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Sorry for the long delay in my reply, I was on vacation

I looked at the link you added and i dont think it is relevant.

I want to understand better the concept of updating the delta with an ODS. As far as i know the ODS has the functionality of overwritten (in the update rule) but whats happens when a record is deleted from the R3 data? should and how do i use 0recordmode? How do i use it with the 0CO_OM_OPA_1 case, which has only 'FULL UPDATE' and data can be deleted and should be deleted from the cube. How do I use the change log table data?

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please Help me?

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

check if helps oss notes 448693 561000

(not recommend ods ?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to load the data in one data target form different data sources. in these case data sources one data source is not support deltas then load the data Full every day and in the IP data target tab you Will select "A"( Automatic loading of Similar/ Identical request from the cube. Then every day after succesfully load the data in to the cube immediately the previous request will be delete from the cube.

It will help to you.

Thanks & regards,

venkata Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Read OSS Note 399739 "Questions and answers on InfoObject 0RECORDMODE"...

Generally for delta enabled extractor we map 0recordmode with 0STORNO in transfer rules of datasource.

Regards

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your replys.

A.H.P - did you tried implementing note 561000? I will have to check the data very good before working with it. whats happend if a record is deleted from COSS COSP?

Sharma - I still didnt check it but does it work also when the data is already collapse?

Thank you!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was solved.

Thank you Sharma!

It works just like storno!

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

is it business content datasource with direct update

to infocube ?

normally ods should handle the delta you want.

hope this helps.