cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta or Full Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having a problem that I can't resolve. I have my master and transactional data and want to load the dso. I have successfully loaded my master data but I have a problem loading the transactional data to the DSO.

Please see the images attached for my flat file. Im loading these data based on my primary key F_Key.

Image in the left is Master Data and in the right is Transactional Data.

I want to load the sales data for each F_Key but the problem is that when I use full load for transactional data, everything in DTP monitor is with green color but when I activate data of DSO and execute the request, it turns red and doesn't load the data in the DSO. The same thing if I use delta, it just gives an error and the data is not loaded in the dso.

If you see on the right picture for the F_Key 101 there are two different reportings days 22 and 23 and I want the both dates to be stored in DSO but under F_Key 101.

Is this possible to be done? Should I change something at DTP settings so that this can work out?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Regys, M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I cleared everything, deleted and recreated my DSO and also the master data of infoobjects itself. I tried to reload the data from flat file to DSO and loading worked perfectly. But the problem now is at DSO that doesn't overwrite the primary keys.

Please see the picture below.The column with red is my primary key and also at my DSO I added the date at key fields. The first 4 Rows are my master data and the second 4 rows my transactional data.

Could you please let me know how can I manage to have only 4 rows with my unique primary keys?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Regys

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not understand that why you are loading master and transaction data together ?

Transaction data should be loaded separately in DSO  or Cube.

For master data you can load the data into the master data infoobject creating attributes for different characteristics.

Suppose if f_key is you main object then you can create other objects as its attributes like b.key and so on.

In case you want to combine the data sheets then only f_key should be the primary key in your dso.Because it is the only common key between the two sheets.

If you do so then you shall get 4 rows of data only.

Hope this gives an idea.

Regards,

AL

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the image above? Is it masterdata or DSO?

What are your key fields in DSO?

Regards,

Loed

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

If you have two primary keys, F_key and your cust date, both of then should be present in your master data file and transaction data file.

But I don't think you could have date as master data. In that case, only F_key should be your primary key provided your data will not be available as you expect as the date will get replaced when you do the load with a new date as per your initial question.

The solution could be create a master data info-object for F_key and add attributes to it for master data load. There are lots of documents available with step by step procedure

Then use the same DSO with F_key and cust date as your primary keys. Then you could achieve what you need.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I will try it.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anil_babu13
Participant
0 Kudos

master data should be loaded to infoobject by choosing insert characteristic as infoobject and transaction data should be load to DSO/infocube depends on your requirement. first load master data and then load transaction data. this is the standard procedure in bw.

regards,

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually moved the calday to the key fields with the F_key(my primary key) and everything is fine until master data is loaded, but when I load transactional data then after master data it gives me error.

I chose full load for master data dtp and transactional dtp. Should I have chose delta load for the transaction data?

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

Logically, there is no problem with this kind of data flow and if you are doing data load from flat file, you could do only full load.

Would you please explain the error that you received after loading the data.

Did you try to load the same data again or a different set of data? If same set, can you please try a different set of data.

Regards

Karthik

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thru flat file how your handling delta load?

for flat file, every time your might entering new data in such case you can go with full load only.

But here delta or full nothing differ much as long as dso target.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I also tried with the different data set and it was the same result as shown in the screenshot below.

Thanks,

Regys

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lets try to put calday and f_key under key fields and rest are under data fields.

Later activate dso,transformations and dtp.

Delete failed loaded request and reload data to DSO.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is Calday part of your DSO key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually put it under DSO data fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

If you want the dates as well then you have to put the Calday in key field along with F_Key. If Calday is not in the key field, the data will get overwritten and you would see only 1 date instead of 2. So to overcome that you have to put Calday in key so that you get both the records.

Thanks,

Krishna.