cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta load from Flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm have loaded 50 records of Flat File data in the Cube and Would like to load 1.5 lakhs of records now as delta load.

Can anyone tell me should i go for a new DataSource? If yes what are the changes I need to be careful about as compared to the Full load.

Please advice

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in BI7.0 you can start with Full load and next time go for deltas through DTP.

No need to go for new data Source.

Let us know if you still have any issues.

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash Satya,

I'm using BI7 and I have created another DTP to load the delta ( I have selected the option of Delta in Extraction Tab and Check Box of Only Get Delta Once)

But the records what was upload is the duplicate copy of the those which are already there.

Please reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it won't happend if you select delta in DTP.

Try delete the request in PSA which was already loaded, normally PSA has to delete for previous days requests to improve loading performance. Because when you do the load for delta it will search for all requests available in PSA and will load delat records only.

Let us know if you still have any issues.

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deleted the PSA request and Could you tell me what check box options should I select in the Extraction mode please.

And also tell me if I have 2 files where I have used 1 as my full data and the 2nd as my delta should i go and select the file in the DataSource to load or should I just simply change the name of the 2nd file as the name of the 1st.

thanks

Edited by: MO AHMED on Aug 31, 2009 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want do a fresh load then just delete entire data in DSO and reschedule the IP with two files.

Now the requests will be available in PSA.

IN DTP with Full update mode execute it. From next time onwards you use Delta changing Full with same DTP.

Don't use any checkbox there simply execute it.

Reg

Pra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya