cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Do any one of you have idea about EARLY DELTA INITIALIZATION. what actually is this? what is the use of this feature?

If any one of you have any documents relating .pls let me know . i would like to know about this feature.

It will be of great help to me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Early Delta Initialization means, that you don't have to lock the system during the whole intialization process.

You can write data into the delta queue during the runtime of the delta initialization request. Therefore, you need a downtime just for filling the setup tables.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Early Delta Initialization</b>

With early delta initialization, you have the option of writing the data into the delta queue or into the delta tables for the application during the initialization request in the source system. This means that you are able to execute the initialization of the delta process (the init request), without having to stop the posting of data in the source system. The option of executing an early delta initialization is only available if the DataSource extractor called in the source system with this data request supports this.

Refer the link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a65dce07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Early Delta Initi is know as Zero downtime service for delta initialization

In case of early Delta Init load data can be written to the delta queue at the time when initialization takes place.

Rohini

Dont forget to assign points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Do you some more stuff relating to this as i would like to know in detail about this.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MV,

Right now i dont have much on this. But if i find some then i will surely update the post.

Regards,

Rohini