cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta extraction to non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was told that BW standard solution does not allow delta extraction of master data and this problem could increase volume of development.

Can anybody tell me if it's true? What will happen if I extract master data to non-SAP system in full mode? Is there any performance problem due to volume?

Thanks in advance

Ella

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

The reason for making almost all master data loading as "Full Update" is because of the less volume of data when compared to the volume of the transaction data.

Master data loading normally normally doesnt take much time when compared to transaction data loading.

So, the effort needed to do delta setup for master data loading is unnecessary.

That's the reason to go for a full upload for master data load.

• assign points if useful ***

Thanks,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

Performance problem depends logically by volume of the master data, if you have 40 mln of records logically you have a problem.

Consider that you can manage delta with an ODS with the same key of your master data and feeded by the same InfoSource of your master data. If you have a delta upload for master data you can delete every time the whole content of the ODS before upload (so the ODS will keep only last changed data), if you have a full upload, the change log table of the ODS will keep the new delta records.

Ciao.

Riccardo.