Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Enabled Generic Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one Delta Enabled Generic Data Source with

Function Module. The Delta field is Date Field. The Data source picks data from R3 to BW.

In RSA3, I executed the Extractor with the Delta Type "C" i.e Delta Initialization ... but it is throwing the error "Errors occured during the extraction". I also checked the Display Log and the error message is "Could not determine BW release of logical system".

Moreover I am not able to see the Delta Attributes in

RSA7. I checked with the other delta enabled generic extractors which uses Views .. is found to be working fine ... and I also able to see the Delta Attributes in RSA7.

Any suggestions?

Bye

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking whether the extractor is working fine in RSA3. I think the delta attributes might not get filled due to this but at least the extractor has to work. It works fine for full upload though.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

RSA3 will not support a delta init test. Delta init for generic extractors works only with BW 3.0B. The system on the other side has to bw BW 3.0B and above. When working in R/3, the source system is R/3.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Once you have generated transfer rules in BW for the datasource, delta init can be tried out in RSA3. It iwll not create the delta queue though. Only test the initialization.

To do this, once you have created the transfer rules in BW, specify the logical system name of the BW system in the target system field. After that the extractor can be run in RSA3. It is flagged as read only so delta queue will not get created.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The R/3 is SAP R/3 Enterprise and BW is BW 3.1C.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Check if the delta settings have been saved properly in table ROOSOURCE.

Are you doing the init from BW or from RSA3?

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

What BW version and R/3 plugin version are you working with?

Generic delta only works BW 3.0B onwards.

Cheers

Aneesh