Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta and Repeat delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a doubt pls clarify.

I am filling my cube from employee master. Delta loads are scheduled at 1.00pm Daily.

For example employee :222456 master will load at 4.00 pm today.

1.) Is today’s delta’s started at 1.00 pm, will pickup employee master data(4.pm)? or

It comes in next days delta load? Or not?

Previous record is changed today at 5.pm

2.) Is today’s delta’s started at 1.00 pm, will pickup employee master data(5.pm)?

It comes in next days delta load? Or not?

I think today’s delta pickup only changed and newly created records of today . It does’t take up (4/5pm records) once it is started even it is available master data today. Please correct me.

So Those are missed (4/5pm) in cube but available in employee master.

To maintain these Repeat delta is solution? I fear this causes any double entries ?//

Please advise and clarify

Warm regards,

sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Problem is not Clear.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Are you loading the transaction data for your cube using Employee master. If thats the case then your assumption is correct that the cube will not have the latest data if the master data is loaded later.

However if the cube refers just to the employee master data then there is no cause for worry as it will pick up the latest master data as part of the 0employee attributes.

To resolve your issue you would have to load the master data first and then the cube data - thats the general trend.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srilaxmi,

Srilaxmi masterdata load is not at all related to Transaction data load timings. You will get the output of masterdata at the time of query execution what is the master data stored in Masterdata tables at that point of time.

That is the reason master data is kept outside infocube so as to ensure better handling of master data.

Cheers,

Baljit