Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Standard tables

former_member782071
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planing to delete data in standard tables to improve the system performance.

Standard tables are :

RSREQDONE - Monitor: Saving of the QM entries

RSPCLOGCHAIN - Cross-Table Log ID / Chain ID

TBTCO - Job Status Overview Table

RSPCCHAIN - Process chain

RSDIOBJT - InfoObject texts

RSDIOBJ - Directory of all InfoObjects

I need some information like

1. Is there any impact by deleting above tables?

2. If we can delete how much data we can delete?

3. And the frequency of deletion.

If already threads are available please share it.

Thank You in advance!

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

some of the tables you listed is possible to reorganize - delete. However it needs to be done with great care and awareness of what is going on. There are standard SAP tool which can help you to do so. Kindly refer to following SAP Note:

706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

Also notice that tables like RSPCCHAIN RSDIOBJ and RSDIOBJT must not be touched as they store critical BW's objects: PChains and InfoObjects. Deleting data in there would cause inconsistencies in your BW's metadata which at the end would be very harmful to the system.

cheers

m./

former_member782071
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have got all the information from the note which you have mentioned. Thanks you for that.

But RSPCLOGCHAIN - Cross-Table Log ID / Chain ID table is not found anywhere.

Any idea on this?

Thank  you !

Hari.

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Although table RSPCLOGCHAIN is not specifically mentioned in the Note I provided I had a look into source code of report RSPC_LOG_DELETE. The report calls function module and at the end also method which deleted also tries form table  rspclogchain.

So based on this I believe using the report RSPC_LOG_DELETE should be enough to get size of the table under control.

cheers

m./

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member782071
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you friends for giving inputs.

I have started deleting standard tables. I have started with RSBATCHDATA table by using tcode RSBATCH. In parallel i am checking notes which you guys mentioned.

I need one more information. Beore implementing to further system i would like to know about details about RSBATCHDATA. May i know what kind of information it contains. I have been thorugh the data in the table by using SE11 but i could get data information.

My idea here is to know the data which we are going to delete. Please give your inputs when you are free.

Thank you once again !

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You can refer to the OSS note 706478 to clarify your doubts on this. Check the below link.

706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

In SE14 you can re-organize/delete any standard/custom table. You should aware of the settings in SE14.

Do not touch RSPCCHAIN, RSDIOBJ and RSDIOBJT since it leads to crash the entire system.

Regarsd

Ramesh V

former_member782071
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Suhas and Martin.

I will check the possibilities as mentioned above and come back to you guys.

Really appreciated

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not delete RSPCCHAIN, RSDIOBJT and RSDIOBJ.

The others are log tables, but the above three are critical. Deleting the content of the above three tables can corrupt your entire system.