cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Master data Navigational attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a navigational attribute ZI_OLDMAT (legacy system material number) that we added to Omaterial. It is referencing Omaterial. I now need to change the object to NOT reference OMaterial. Will I be able to delete the attribute, delete the info object, recreate it and add it back to OMATERIAL and set it to Nav on the cubes without causing queries any problems? It will be named the same.

Any ideas on deleting Nav attr?

Also, Does anyone know how to do a where used to find which queries are using this nav attr?

Thanks, Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

I believe, this is impossible in this version of BW.

You can not remove Attributes from a Characteristic and this is neccessary if you want to delete and recreate this attribute.

The only workaround I see is to define a new nav. attribute without the reference and add this to the queries and remove the old one from the queries.

Hope this helps

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

for changing the reference object look at oss-note 568051. This note describes, what to do in case you want to add or delete a reference from a infoobject.

A prerequisite is, that no data is booked.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might be able to delete the old attribute and replace it with a new definition as long as no data was loaded.

The easiest way would be creating a new InfoObject w/o reference to 0MATERIAL, add it as navigational attribute and reload the data. After that, you will have to replace the old attribute with the new one in your queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigational Attribute InfoObject can be searched in Meta Data Repository to know where used list for queries.