cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting from the PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Having been advised on how to view the data in the PSA (by the nice people on this forum) I then proceeded to delete the data. I had two requests and deleted one of them. In se16 there was no change in the number of records. When I deleted the second request, se16 showed 0 records in the table.

I tried the whole procedure again deleting the requests in the opposite order. The effect was still the same. Nothing is removed from the db table until all the requests are deleted.

Any ideas why ? or is there another way to delete the data in the PSA ?

Regards

Asif (newbie)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asif: There is a good chance that your DB statistics are not updated after deleting PSA and that is the reason you are not seeing the space savings.

Goto your DB team and ask them to re-compute DB statistics manually for the PSA table you had deleted data for. All PSA tables begin with /BIC/BXXXXXXX and once that is updated you will see the DB size reduced.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

It was a nice reply by you. Thanks.

Many times I see this kind of problem... some strange behavior by BW and then the problem root cause would be some bad DB settings. It really bothers a lot sometimes. Sometimes its must for BW guys to have knowledge of basis settings as well.

Do you have any links for documents where we can know about required DB settings or something which BW guys should know about basis. It would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Jagpreet.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

Go to the corresponding data source right click manage from there you can delete the request.

Thanks and Regards,

Srilatha