I have a custom ODS-A that in turn feeds custom ODS-B and ODS-C. I initially loaded ODS-A from an external data source with 9 separate files. The feed to ODS-B and ODS-C were done as a delta initialization with the first file and then as delta for the others. Now I am loading into the same ODS-A with an extractor from R/3. I run a delta initialization and ODS-A gets loaded and then the subsequent ODS-B and ODS-C get loaded with a delta
(8ODS-A). What I would like to be able to do is to delete the data that came from R/3 and reload it without reloading the data from the external source. I tried deleting just the REQIDs that came from R/3 in all of the ODSes and then deleted my delta initialization. I then did a delta initialization again. From R/3 into the first ODS-A goes fine but when I try to load and activate the data into the subsequent ODSes I get a message that says the delta is invalidated due to the REQIDs being deleted. Can anyone tell me a way to delete and reload only the data from R/3?
ORNL / UT-Battelle
I try to resume your scenario: you have several full (from flat file) in your ODS-A that upload the data to ODS-B and ODS-C (in delta).
Then you performed an init (from R/3) in your ODS-A and then this data goes as a delta (of the already existing delta channel) into ODS-B and ODS-C.
Now you want to reload R/3 data (again from the source system?) in your providers without deleting flat files data.
1. Delete from the infopackage 8ODS-A (scheduler->Initialization option for source system->delete) your previous init from A to B and C.
2. Delete ALL coming from A into B and C
3. Delete from the infopackage that fills the ODS-A from R/3 (scheduler->Initialization option for source system->delete) your R/3 init.
4. Reload your init from R/3 into ODS-A.
5. Reload your init from ODS-A (that now contains the new R/3 init and the old flat files) to ODS-B and ODS-C.
Hope it helps (and if you have any doubt or need some additional explanation let me know !)