cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete request in ODS and Cube from process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the next situation: I have a process that each month need to extract data with a selection criteria of fiscalperiod and fiscalyear, only I can maintain a data request with this selection. For this, I need a delete the old request when I am extracting new data with the same selection criteria, in ODS and Cube.

Is it possible?

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Regards,

Jeysi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check this

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4943] [original link is broken];

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeysi,

DSO works on 'Overwrite' principle.

You need to check your data source.(The images your data source sends).

Even if your updating the key figures using addition method, the data source will send you the correct images and correct delta to keep your DSO as a reflection of the latest image of your source system.

Hence you would not require to delete a request with the same selection in the DSO.

Moreover, if you have a cube at the downstream of the DSO, loading deltas from the DSO to cube would alone be sufficient and you would not need to use delete overlapping request.

However, if you are loading full request to the cube from the data source with the selections of fiscal year and fiscal period , then yes you do require delete overlapping selections.

In 3.x data flow, this was configured in infopackage in data target tab there is one column for automatic deletions, here you could set the conditions on which the overlapping request in the data target(cube) in this case should be deleted.

In process chain, you can use , delete overlapping request from the process chain.under application node, load process and post processing.(This can be configured for both infopackages and DTP's)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Sunmit.