cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Invalid LDAP groups from BO

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading to BO4.1sp6 from 3.1sp6.

In Dev environment the LDAP authentication was setup a year ago. One group is mapped into BO.

Later the password for the LDAP authentication user has expired and also no LDAP user was using the server.

Now we are doing the upgrade in the test environment. As the LDAP is not working in 3.1, i have disabled the LDAP authentication and then used the UMT to do a full upgrade to BO4.1.

In 4.1 , i got the LDAP group which was mapped in 3.1. But i am not able to delete this group. The Delete option is not appearing in the Right click.

I have gone through all the SAP notes related to LDAP and not found a way to get this group deleted from 4.1

Any idea how to get this group deleted?

Regards

Marven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't delete it from Users and Groups.  Instead, you have to go to the LDAP Authenication configuration screen and delete it from there.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I haven't configured the LDAP authentication in BO4.1 .

I migrated the content using UMT and it appears in Users and Groups.

Regards

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the LDAP configuration - if the group was migrated it should appear there - that's the way the migration normally works.

-Dell

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Dell it should appear in the Authentication TAB but If it still does not appear in Authentication then you can delete from the CMS DB.

Delete SI_ID from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS where SI_ID='*********'

SI_ID you can get it from the CMC->users and groups->properties.

Take CMS DB backup before deletion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187093
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems LDAP authentication(LDAP server details) is configured so go to CMC - > authentication - > LDAP. remove the groups there and click update - it will rebuild the LDAP tree when you click update..   and restart the CMS also.  

hope this helps!