cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining two BI 7.0 systems in portal

former_member271246
Participant
0 Kudos

I have notice that when running the template installer for defining the portal 7.0 to connect to a BI 7.0 it creates a sap_bw alias and the Bex application for the portal calls the sap_bw system.

Can we have one portal communicate to two different BI 7.0 systems? If so are the iViews from SAP are the only things we need to change or are there more.

If changing the SAP provided code is this really wise?

We run two different BI 7.0 enviorments and really want to know if we have to run two different portals as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everyone saying is true there is 1:1 mapping between BI 7.0 and portal. If u still go fro creation of one more BW system object of type SAP_BW in portal you will get error while executing template: "More than one master system found"

SAP Note 919197 also justify that to integrate 2 BI in single portal is not possible.

It can be achived via Federated Portal or Global Portal Network.

Plz reward appropriate points if this info is helpful for u !!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each NetWeaver 7.0 BI system needs its own BI Java usage type which again needs its own EP usage type. That means you can bring different BI systems together in one overall 04s or 6.0 EP but technically each NetWeaver 7.0 BI instance also has its own EP installed underneath for technical reasons. For endusers of course you bring it all together in one EP on top.

there is a strong end to end connection with BI-BIJAVA-EP

utilise the concept of FPN -federated portal network .

hope it helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NetWeaver 7.0 , you can not connect two multiple BI system with Single portal. There is 1:1 mapping between portal and BI system. Send me ur mail id, i will forward the required documentation on it.

Please award the point, if it helps.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send documentation to kotireddy238@gmail.com......

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Normally it should work.

1. Define the 2nd BI System in the System Landscape with Alias e.g. SAP_BW2

2. Then copy the iViews generated by the BI functionality and enter SAP_BW2 as System Identifier for the copied iView.

3. Test it

Regards,

Volker Kolberg