cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default System Alias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on EP 6.0 SP2 Patch 4 Hotfix 8.

I have created four system aliases for one SAP system under the system landscape.

However, only the default system alias is available for usermapping and i am unable to see the other three aliases in the usermapping section of the portal.

As a result i am not able to carry out the user mapping for four different backend users with the same portal user id.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vibhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obviously you can have 4 different sap system setup, but aliases won't work for what you are saying. If you need to do something like this, then why not deligate or share the sap inbox on the R/3 system. I think either way in the end you will end up not knowing which inbox item comes originally to which user.

Also if you use four sap system definitions to get 4 different mapped userid's then you have to turn off SSO with sap logon tickets etc as this requries the sap userid to be the same as the portal ID.

Good Luck

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are misunderstanding the use of Systems versus System Aliases. In EP6 an alias is just a reference name for the same sap system. Its the same system with the same connection details - as such the is no need to enter the same userid / password multiple times - or can you think of a situation where you need it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well to clarify here is the situation.

Suppose there is one portal userid through which i want to show the same SAP Workflow transactions for four different SAP R/3 users.

I start the workflow through the first iView for which i have let's say Alias1.

This tiggers a worflow task for the second user which can be viewed through the second iView using Alias2....and so on.

Now since all the four users are connecting to the same system, they need to have their own user mappings.

One way is to create four differet systems.

However, my question was if it is possible to create four aliases, and then do the usermapping for the same portal userid, it would be extremely helpful.

Regards,

Vibhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhu,

Well, inorder to see the system aliases you need to set the User Management details while defining the system. I hope the logon method has been set to UIDPW for all the system aliases.

Give a try.