cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default locale support for texts datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced with problem - does BW support default locales ?

I have some texts datasources which contain some list of entries for default locale. The question is - what value of LANGU field I should setup for these entries in order to BW recognize them as for default locales ?

Thanks. I will be apprecated for any related info.

Fiodar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Do you mean that I can setup some option to specify which locale will be default ? If yes, i will be very apprecated if you add some info how it could be done.

Thank you.

Fiodar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiodar,

well I am not sure about your requirement, but it sounds like you want to add a default value to langu in case the source system doesn't deliver it.

If this is the case, create a update routine in your transfer rules for 0langu. In the routine add the following coding:

if tran_structure-spras is initial. "no language specified

• usually the R/3-field is called spras

result = sy-langu. "or a literal like 'EN' ...

else.

• pass the given language to the result of the routine.

result = tran_structure-spras.

endif.

That's it.

In case your datasource doesn't even deliver a field for the language, you can just set a constant value to 0langu in your transfer rules.

regards

Siggi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

I reviewed the list locales in specified table but I didn't find the locale with default in description. I have a use case: if locale wasn't found the default should be used instead.

Thank you .

Fiodar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiodar,

you can use a value you like as a default for langu. The only thing you should take care of is -> it should be a valid value. Check table t002 for this. In the mapping of transfer rules you can add a constant value or add a routine for 0langu and post sy-langu to it.

Hope this helps.

regards

Siggi