cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declare Non Visual Object PB 12.6 .Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In PB Classic I can drag and drop a non visual object to a window en Access the events of that object. How can I do that in PB.Net

Regards,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi adrian;

PB.Net does not support the drag & drop NVUO feature like PB Classic. You have to use the PB Outline Outline tab and then use the RHMB on the Nonvisual Object item. From there you can select the ADD option and then select an NVUO from the resulting list.

Its certainly a lot easier in PB Classic to just drop the NVUO from the System Tree on the Window and have it appear in the Window's NVUO controls list automatically. 

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chis,

Thanks!

Ok.. I was able to add a NVUO, but can I add A NVO from a third pary, a refrenced WPF DLL?

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Here is what we are trying to do... We got a Web Browser Control from Essential Objects based on Chrome. We have been able to use the Browser Control but there is a WebView object inside the browser control with events that we are trying to Access..

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would that not come wrapped up as a .Net Assembly? If that is the case, then you would need to add the Assembly to your .Net solution's reference list first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian;

=> We got a Web Browser Control from Essential Objects

Would you then not be using jScript to interact with the control or is this a control that can reside inside a WPF application but behaves like a web browser?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Nope, it has all the properties, methods and events  to do what ever you want with it.

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is wrapped up as a .NET Assembly and I have added it to the refrence list. It just doesn't show up as a NVO in PowerBuilder, or I don't know where it might show up... I've tried to drag it from the Reference List but that doesn't work... Whats wierd is that I have been able to inherit it. the Visual Object does show up and have been able to drag that one to the window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would this not be a Visual User Object though?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Yes, it's a Visual Object but inside that object there is a Non Visual Object that is refrenced inside.

WebControl.WebView

Where the WebControl is a Visual Object and The WebView is a Non Visual Object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you not then treat the whole .Net assembly as a "Control" (aka Custom Visual User Object) that contains a suite of VUO + NVO "helpers" objects in one package?

Answers (0)