cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging update rules and Transfer rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

I need to debug my update and transfer rules. Could somebody please tell me how I can do that and I would appreciate if somebody can refer me some kind of documentation on this too.

I know BW but very little about ABAP. I know a way- go to PSA>>right click on request>>simulate/cancel update>>select a line in details tab in Monitor and then simulate update.... But its a little too much technical and I am unable to understand it completely. Can somebody site me a little more detailed documentation or tell me a way to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

What best you can do is directly goto monitor of any of the request and select Details tab and Right click on the datapackage and select Simulate update where a window pops up. Now depending on weather you have to debug tranfer rule or update rule, Select either of

Activate Debugging in Transfer Rule Or

Activate Debugging in Update Rule

and in the simulation Record Selection you can select the number of records or u can select all records in the data package and then perform simulation. Now the system will take you to the break point. You can then navigate to your update/transfer rule. Definitely you need a help of abapper if you are not comfortable with ABAP coding.

Hope this helps.. if yes pls reward

regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also recommend what Sriram suggested here as this method can be used in all the environments (Dev, Test & Prod!).

Regards,

Sree

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

If you are in an development environment and have access to edit the transfer rules/Update rules then code an "infinite loop" in your start routine of the transfer or update rules.

When you run the extraction the infinite loop will get triggered. You can now go to SM50 -> Select the generated program(starts with GP***) -> Program/Mode-> Program -> Debugging. Now you can debug the program by coming out of the infinite loop.

Another option of debugging is to create breakpoints in the Generated program of the transfer and update rules. When you start the extraction the processor will stop at the break point in the generated program and you can debug from there on.

Hope it helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are planning to debug the routine in the Update / Transfer Rules, you can use the statement

<b>if sy-uname = 'praveen'.

break.

endif.</b>

It will stop, exactly out here and hence you can go forward.

There are many ways in which you could debug. If you can say what is it that you are looking for then, it would help in navigating it.

Regards,

GPK.