cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger in customer exit(RSRT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using BEx Query Designer and view report on browser. I make an variable of calmonth and then in customer exit(se80, XRSR) write a code involving this variable.The code takes value from another input calmonth variable and uses it in this newly made variable. How can I use debugging mode in se80 for testing? I am aware that RSRT has "execute and debug"? But when I set a breakpoint in customer exit and I go to rsrt and press "execute and debug", it doesn't go to debugger mode, there are some options that I have to tick. Please guide me in this case.

Regards,

Ratish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratish,

Try if this works, it works for me.

Put the Breakpoint in the code where ever relevant.

Goto RSRT give your Query technical name. Before you execute the Query. Type "/h" without the Quotes in the command field. Now execute your query, this will immediately take you to debuggin mode.

Now as you have already placed a breakpoint in your custom code.....just press F8, this should take you to your breakpoint.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

I have put my break point in Customer exit (se80 , XRSR, ZXRSRU01) . When I put /h it does go to debugger but on pressing F8 it does NOT go to the break point specified by me. Infact it doesnot go to ZXRSRU01 in debugging.

Regards,

RAtish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratish,

The include ZXRSRU01 should have the following line of code

CASE I_VNAM.

Can you try placing your break point on this line? and then try rsrt /h again?

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)